Posts Tagged ‘HomePage’
Hello all, I would like to provide you with some information on what to look when Dynamics GP seems to be working slow. As you may already know Dynamics GP is a process driven application and you may experience slow performance when specific processes are performed in GP please take a look:
· While posting might be due to the PJOURNAL table as you know checks post too or remittance is being printed separately
· Client workstations should have a default printer setup and online, remove invalid printers
· While opening windows, the autocomplete feature may cause performance issues and if not used can be turned off
· While login into Dynamics GP or utilizing 3rd party dictionaries as well if Menu Master table (SY07110) became too large.
· The location of the modified dictionaries other than local workstation
· Certain Smartlist reminders might interfere with login into Dynamics GP
· You may have shortcuts to network locations that are no longer mapped or available
· Printing to file directly into the client/remote computer instead of the hosted server user folders
· OLE Notes path in Dex.ini
· SQL AutoClose and AutoShrink options not set to false
· Virus scanner setup not excluding the following extensions (CNK, DIC, CHM, SET, INI, DAT, IDX, VBA, LOG, LDF, MDF)
· The Dynamics GP homepage smartlist favorites
· The Dynamics GP homepage outlook integration
· Enabling tracing options in DEX.ini
· Bad user defined triggers in SQL
· Bad configuration of SQL server memory allocation
· SQL server or Dynamics GP server available disk space
· SQL server log file is full and is not set to Autogrow
· TNT*.* files, your %TEMP% folder has not been cleaned
· Non-compliant SQL server/GP Server/Client hardware
· Different DB owner than DYNSA
· Little or no SQL server maintenance (Table Fragmentation)
· You might be missing table indexes or statistics
· When exporting a budget, thru the budget wizard it seems locked (if you are using the excel wizard to export, make sure the “save as” dialog is not on the background, Alt-Tab to it as it must have been opened and its behind your main GP windows.
· Too much history (You can archive historical years, specially if you have large tables like Item Master, Customers, Vendors) Believe me I ran reconcile one time and it took 6.5 days on a company with more than half a million SKUs and 5 years of sales.
I have witnessed how few administrators that in order to preserve enough disk space they have a tendency of running SHRINK on the SQL server, this obviously will fragment tables affecting performance. I have a post that covers that here.
If you want us to take a look at your environment don’t forget to contact us, and as always when troubleshooting record answers for the following questions:
1.- Can you replicate the issue? write down steps that let you reproduce the issue.
2.- If its related to posting, please note the module( s ), how many transactions are in the batch, how long does the process last? how long did the process last before?
3.- On a Server/Client install, can you replicate on the server?
4.- Can you reproduce on all or other clients?
5.- Are there any 3rd party products running on the same SQL/GP server or together with Dynamics GP?
6.- Are there any customizations in GP?
Until my next post and let us know if we can help!!
Francisco G. Hillyer
Lately for many of our customers the Connect section has not been working as expected, for a few its just an ugly Error 404: File or directory not Found.
Or simply it has been getting in the way of Integration Manager. Even when many colleagues like Mariano Gomez, Mark Polino, David Musgrave, Leslie Vail and others have provided help to the community on this issues. One question remained unanswered: How to massively remove it without the administrator login into each account?.
Famous engineer Tami Jones from the RoseASP team came up to my beach front office with a wonderful view of the Pacific ocean (ok it’s a 3 wall cubicle with no view) and asked me how can we automate this process as you know we team up with myGPcloud as well.
So I decided to take a look at the homepage behavior and came up with the following descriptions:
|SectionID||Value 1||is the ToDo Section|
|SectionID||Value 2||is the Outlook Section|
|SectionID||Value 3||is the Metrics Section|
|SectionID||Value 4||is the My Reports Section|
|SectionID||Value 5||is the Quick Links Section|
|SectionID||Value 6||is the Connect Section|
The table responsible for storing the values to display or hide those sections is SY08100 in Dynamics DB. So here is the script that will help you remove the connect section:
With a little tweak you can limit the update statement to work only on 1 user or a set of users.
Always remember to backup your database and try statements in a test DB.
Have a great day!!!