Microsoft has an annual event where they call partners into Fargo and discuss support and service offerings for the year. Since I was already in Fargo attending The Partner Event I stayed over a day to attend this event.
We started realitively early and the agenda was packed. I really like the shorter conferences/events for content as it seems like the most important things are talked about and very little time is wasted.
Here are my notes written up from the sessions:
- Microsoft’s cloud strategy contiues to be the most common theme/discussion
- There seems to be a mergering of smaller partners in the industry. I met a few groups that have merged in the past year and MBS seems to be squeezing the smaller partner out. Gone are the days where a one or two man shop can really survive as a certified Microsoft Partner.
- Dynamics GP 2010 demo. We’ve been using GP 2010 for a while now and find quite a few enhancements. Not nearly the change from GP 9 to 10 but there are a bunch of features added.
- Windows 7 phone demo. Cool stuff.
- Everything is integrated between search, Facebook, Outlook, Zune (music), pictures, etc.
- Releases October/November time frame.
- And supposedly the phone actually works. ha.
- Management reporter (MR) overview – Here is a blog I did regarding some learning points I had using Management reporter.
- Undo function now in MR.
- Can right click on a row, column or tree and choose associations and it will identify where it is used. You would use this function to clean up MR building blocks.
- Pulling accounts from MR ????? are not needed. Can use * character.
- In the tree you can do add ranges or subtract
- Report Library in MR
- Can generate to different report locations and can add security to those locations
- Reports have history of when reports are generated. So you can look back to previous versions of the report.
- Can also add other reports such as Excel or Word reports to the report library
- Formatting in MR
- Can add images such as logo’s to reports
- You can add page breaks on the column area. You would use this on a trended report such as a 12 month report
- Currency translating is coming out with feature pack 1 – Saw a demo of this
- Translation will pull from GP and you add the currency to the column of the report. Really simplified the currency translation process
- Blog for MR updates is at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dynamicscpm/
- Training for MR – Course #80255 webinar
- MR in the future will eventually replace forecaster. But that’s down the road
- No auto sum in MR. Which is less effective.
This is getting too long I’ll break this up into a few blogs.