For those slackers still on Dynamics Great Plains 8.0 and are using payroll here is a procedure to apply the 2009 tax tables before you run your first payroll of the year. You probably don’t need to worry about the tax update for 2008 as no form changes have been made. You should do the payroll year end procedure (tech doc # 850663) as usual but when it comes to applying the 2009 tax update you will have to do something like this.
Here is the 2009 payroll tax update script. It is for 10.0 but I tested on my 9.0 system and it completed successfully. I would recommend this procedure for applying the tax tables for 8.0:
1. Verify current tax numbers that are currently setup in payroll tax tables. Tools>>setup>>system>>payroll tax. Also note what date is listed for Last Tax Update (use in step 4)
2. Back up the Dynamics and company database
3. Run the script in SQL
4. Look at same tables as step 1 and verify changes have been made. Also verify last tax update is now listed as 12/19/2008
5. Run a payroll in a test company to verify the numbers are correct
6. Run payroll in production company and verify numbers are correct
Hope that helps you remaining 8.0 folks. Need to consider upgrading soon.