Just had someone call and want to know how much they owed for all their merchanising vendors. They did not have the vendors assigned by class. I used SQL to look up the vendors and found each vendor had some default accounts listed on the card. I used 3 queries to get what they needed after backing up the database in case I messed up. Queries are as follow:
- Select * from GL00100 – this shows what the account index number is needed to interpret the PM00200 table accounts
- Select * from pm00200 where pmprchix = ‘61‘ or pmprchix = ‘66‘ – 61 and 66 were the account index’s listed in the first query.
- Update pm00200 set vndclsid = ‘MERCH‘ where pmprchix = ‘61‘ or pmprchix = ‘66‘ – Updated each vendor to be included in the MERCH class I set up in GP under Tools>>setup>>purchasing>>vendor class. In all we updated 400 vendors in a matter of mins.
The bolded red fields would need to be changed to fit your needs.
Once this work was done we could run the AP trial balance report with a class ID restriction for MERCH vendors only.
Relatively easy solution to get the customer what they needed.